History

 

Land for the Porepunkah Common School was acquired from William Hooper and the school was built in 1873. In 1875 Porepunkah Common School became a State School. Between 1910 and 1915 a new building was built and in 1941 it was moved to a more convenient location and renovated.

The first school committee was formed in 1911. In 1924 they acquired more than 40 acres of Crown Land for a School Endowment Pine Plantation. The first acres were planted in 1925. They were milled in 1955 and the school received a cheque for 750 pounds. Another classroom was built that year.

The school still utilises the Pine Plantation. In 1963 another classroom and an office and storeroom were built. In 2010-2011 the school underwent a major redevelopment. The original classroom, and the 1963 development were retained but new classrooms, toilets and a library have been added.